Monday, April 13, 2009

It's no fair! hmmm

The battle of consistency and fairness can't ever be won, believe me I try! When I gave out gummy bear vitamins last night, Emma got 2 pink and Taylor got 1 yellow and 1 red. Emma says "ohh yummy I love these", but Tay-Tay says "Hmmm no fair I didn't get pink hmm no fair"! I thought come on, it's only a gummy bear!

That's just one of many examples of fairness or lack thereof that goes on daily at our house! It doesn't matter whether it's a kids meal toy, a candy, an Easter present, a new outfit, a hair bow, or even character utensils "IT'S JUST NO FAIR"! Well I am unsure of why my kids feel so cheated, until I found the source...... ME, I just think it's not fair that I can't eat a box of cookies a day and still wear my "cute pants". It's no fair that I have to change poopy diapers, and do the dishes, and eat healthy food, and so on. Waa waa waa right? Well, I got to thinking about what's not fair and....

Really it's just not fair that I have such wonderful sweet kids, and a Husband who is willing to do the occasional poopy diaper change or watch a girlie movie with me, and a family who would do anything for me whenever I ask, and a roof over my head, and confidence that I CAN DO ANYTHING!

Fine that's corny I know, I know but once in a while when I have hard days I realize how blessed I truly am and remember, hmm it's no fair hmmm! :)

4 comments:

Curtis and Jen said...

I get to look forward to the unfair battle once I get number two ha ha. I still think you can eat what you want and fit into those nice skinny jeans. You are one of those girls that has got it all, so I say--not fair!

Valerie said...

very cute, I have those days too and WOW we are so blessed huh. I have missed seeing you guys on runs..hopefully I will be coming back soon :)

Shane and Alissa said...

I agree it is no fair, I want to eat a box of cookies and stay thin. It is nice for all of us to realize what we have.

Carissa Mason said...

LOVE this post! How true! How have you guys been??