Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 2011 so far...

Wow I did it, I got caught up! I never thought it would ever happen! I mean it took me like 3 weeks to finish it! I feel such a sense of blogging accomplishment! Moving on...

This month has been awfully nice to enjoy a less busy time of year finally! I thought I was going to go insane from all our crazy projects and activities we were doing!

Weekend in Vegas

 We decided after such a busy holiday season we needed a break just the two of us. My mom was kind enough to watch our little monsters so we could go and enjoy ourselves. Chad was all excited because I had been sick for the 2 days leading up to our trip and I was finally feeling good enough to go. He came home right as we were about to leave with a fun surprise...A white Bentley! It was gorgeous!
 Here we are headed out on our way to Vegas...
 It was so relaxing!

 Chad drove the whole way there and back! Funny thing is though, we got there and never took a single picture...it was that good! ha ha I will give you the break down of what we did there though...First when we go into town we went to dinner at P.F. Chengs (we love the lettuce wraps!), then we checked into our hotel and walked around the strip for a bit before heading to bed...The next day we got tickets to see Chris Angel's show (I was going to take pictures there but they wouldn't allow it), it was amazing! Then we headed to dinner in our hotel at Tender Steakhouse...it was really good! We headed back to our room afterwards. Then the next day we got breakfast at non other than Winchells! 1 dozen donuts please! mmmmm It was a fun little trip together! I'm glad we got to do it! :D

Carpool
 It was my turn for carpool this week and so Emma wanted to take the kids in the Bentley...
 Emma was a little over excited! All our kids were obsessed with "Bentley rides"...I'm happy to say it is now gone...I wonder what he will bring home next...

EXHAUSTED
 So our church has changed from 9:00 am to 11:30 am and this is what you get when you miss with a child's nap-time!

I can do curly too
 I get a hard time from Emma about my hair. She says "Why is your hair always straight mom? Doesn't that get boring? You do my hair different every day why don't at least curl it sometimes?" So here Emma this is for you...Proof that I can do other hair-do's! But hey, straight works for me, why mess with a good thing?!!
 Movie Time

 I have to be super busy to let my kids watch t.v. I am just not a fan of it. So whenever I let them watch a movie they get so excited! So while Emma was at school and Chase was napping, I got Taylor all set up for movie time! I got her snuggled in a warm soft blanket, kettle corn, a chocolate milk sippy, and Toy Story 3! She loved it! Better yet, I got all my laundry folded in peace and quite!

 30 days of birthday
 One of my friends had this great idea for her husband's 31st birthday she did a gift for 31 days leading up until his birthday. They were very creative and fun. So when it came time for Chad to turn 30 I wanted to make him feel special and so I started on January 11th. I gave him a poem and a present...
He got this first poem to tell him what I was doing and the poem went like this...
 
I want you to feel loved in every way
So each day until you’re birthday
You will receive a gift from me
I’m sure you’ll try to guess what it may be
Some may be fun
And others will be dumb
But by the end of all this
I will have earned a great big kiss!
So lets begin this Birthday fun
Looks like it’s day #1.....

then he got the poem for day one which read...
 
(no laughing, I am not good at writing poems..)
On the first day of Happy 30th Birthday you will get from me
read below to see what it might be...

We love to have fun
once your work is done
but sometimes you hurt your back
bad enough to need an ice pack
that’s why we want to give you a

30 minute massage...Enjoy!


 He really seemed to like it! I will post more of the fun ones as the month goes on...

Snow Day

What's this? Our last Christmas wish came true? Could it really be snow in St. George? Why yes, it is! Better run out and play in it while it lasts! The kids were so excited and got ready in their snow clothes right away!
First things first, snow angels!!
 Taylor made sure to grab a handful and shove it in her mouth!
 If you look really close you can see a mini snow-woman...with one eye?!!

 Emma tried to throw a snowball at me so I retreated back inside the warm house! Of course after they were finished a bubble bath and hot chocolate was required!

Party Saturday!
 We had quite the busy Saturday! We went to a Primary Activity (which Taylor said "It was awesome, they had yummy cupcakes and candies and they showed us a movie about Jesus, I loved it!") then to a birthday party across the street at Taylor and Emma's friend Olivia's house ( they had a princess Tea Party complete with little crust-less sandwiches and pink tea!) and then we went to their friend Ellie's house for a Hello Kitty party!
 The girls were dressed from head to toe in Hello Kitty...Hello Kitty shirts and skirts, Hello Kitty bows, even Hello Kitty shoes! When we got to the party the whole place was decked out in Homemade Hello Kitty decor! Ellie's mom, Summer is great at that!
 Notice Taylor's Blue lips...that kid gets straight into her candy! That blue ring pop stained her mouth blue the whole day! At least they had fun!
Emma insisted that we take a picture of her with their cat before we left!


That's it for this week! Wow a one week post is a breeze compared to my last year long one! Here is hoping I can keep up!

No comments: