Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8 years later...this is what we are doing now...

 Chad and I just celebrated our 8th anniversary on August 6th. We had a lovely evening of shopping (my favorite part) dinner, and a movie. When we got home we paid the sitter and immediatelty...(I know what you're thinking) opened our presents! Chad got me gift cards to Dillards and Buckle (FYI these gift cards were a great useful and non-offensive way to say Happy Anniversary because I am 6 months pregnant and don't like flowers, or jewelry!) I got Chad a bunch of new clothes. Little did I know, he had this sneaky trick up his sleeve...a 3D 60" Samsung Flat Screen TV!!
 I walked out into the living room to find this box... how he got this unloaded from his car one-handed remains a mystery...
The tv came as a package that included these 2 pairs of rechargeable glasses plus another 2 pairs.
 Megamind 3D and all of the Shrek movies in 3D!!
 My kids are so funny when they watch the movies because they stretch out their arms like they can reach the characters or something!
 Here is a shot of the TV parked in it's new home...
 Oh it also came with this touch screen blu-ray/3D player. Movie night at the Petersen house anyone? 

FHE
 This week we are trying to jam-pack everything into this last week that we still wanted to this summer so on Monday night we drove up to Zion's National Park...
 Chad was our honorary chauffeur for the trip and we kept directing him to stop at almost every overlook...
 We spotted some neat animals along our little adventure.
 These little ladies couldn't stay seated due to the exciting tour and landscape we were viewing. They kept shouting out things to look and they thought it was so "COOL"!
 Chase found this random "Iphone" (really an Ipod nano) at home and kept pretending to call people on it the whole trip. Funny boy!
 He was obviously happy to have his window down and see everything outside like the girls.
 We ended up taking a hike through this cool trail and we came across this huge tree that had fallen over. 
 My kids being silly on our hike while we took a break.
 I thought this tree was so cool because it was growing on the edge of this cliff and it looked like it could fall right on top of us!
 After our hike the kids were in need of an Ice cream cone and souvenirs so we found this quaint little shop that had both things there! Score! Definitely one of my favorite FHE nights yet! :D

Fashion Show
 My kids were asked to be in a little Fashion Show for Dillard's Back-to-School.
 Chase was a little afraid at first but he was so cute up there on the stage!
 He didn't want to part with his finger though!
 Emma was nervous but had such a cute personality that you really couldn't tell.
 Taylor was excited and happy to go up and shake her little bootie! She was hysterical to watch!
 Here is a shot of most of the kids in the fashion show... It was a fun event but I think I'll pass on doing another any time soon!

End of Summer Kid Pics
 I wanted to take some picture of the kids before the school year started so we just went down the street and snapped a few before lunch...I love this one because The girls are kissing Chase and he is squirming!
 Emma trying to bribe Chase to behave...
 Do you see what he gives me to work with...
 He is a monster!
 Now he wanted to shut his eyes so we just went with it and did a 3 monkeys pic...
 My sweet girls were being so good and participating...
 They just wanted to keep spinning. It was super cute though!
 Emma climbing in a tree...
A headshot of E
 headshots of T
 A headshot of C
 Emma enjoying the shade...
 I liked the idea of a sheet in the pictures but I'm not sure these are what I was looking for...
 Emma was loving running through it though...
 Chase kept trying to rip it out of our hands! Little turkey!
 Emma turned it into a cape eventually...
 Then they got tired and wanted a break so they laid down...
I didn't get any shots that I love but that's what you get with a stubborn 2 yr. old and going 20 minutes before lunch-time! I am still happy I got to capture their personalities and not just a cleche' pose! I will just have to go out and try again...like tomorrow ha ha! 

I look at these cute kids and can't believe that after 8 years of marriage we have 3/almost 4 kids and have been on so many fun adventures together...so here is to many more years of happy kids and fun memories! I Love you Chady!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy 8 yrs! Looks like you guys have had such a fun time and the hike to Zion looked really fun too. I can't believe another summer is almost done and you will be having baby #4! YAY

DENA said...

Such cute kids! Congrats on 8 years!!!!

Petersen's said...

Thanks! It's been crazy but it's been fun! :D Good to see you the other day! :D

Amy said...

Way cute pictures! I love the idea of Zion for FHE, I think we'll be making a trip up there soon.