Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ski trip to BrianHead

HELP!
 This is what happens when Dad leaves us in the car...the kids go crazy!!!!
 Taylor starts doing gymnastics
 And makes goofy faces like these
 They even try to take control and drive away, luckily no one can touch the pedals!
 Then they start to sing and dance! Chad, please don't leave me in the car for more than 10 minutes again! I was forced to take pictures of the mayhem as proof of my torturous car ride with the kids!!

Grandma's Curls
 This is called "Grandma's Curls" in our house
 They were created when Chad and I left the kids with Grandma while we went on a trip and Grandma had to get the kids hair ready for church
 Thus, "Grandma's curls" were born...so now for church that's all Emma wants me to do to her hair. I can even use it as a reward, "Emma if you will ________  , then I will do grandma's curls"! It seems to work great! Thanks Mom for watching the kiddos and creating the fun new hair design!

New Car, again...
 I know, I know, I seem to get a new car every month, but I guess that's the perks of the car business! Chad got this for me last Friday and don't even ask me what it is, all I know is that it is a Mercedes with Lexani wheels and that I love it!

Happy Birthday Chad!
 So I have been posting every single day of Chad's 30 days of birthday and I am thinking it looks a bit monotonous, so I decided to just highlight the big gifts I give to him. This one I have been so excited to give him and you will see why.
 Taylor was a bit jealous to say the least, that she couldn't open the gift!
 She got over it quick when she saw how excited Daddy was to open the gift.
 He is laughing here because the first box had another wrapped box inside to open. (I know, genius, right?!)
 This second box he opened had a 10 lb weight in it and you guessed it, another wrapped box.
 He was quite confused here because I gave him a lot of hints about this gift: that it is over $500, it is something he has bought before, he loved it last time he bought it, he only shared it with his family, that he said he wants another one, etc... So when he found that the gift was in a small box and was really light, I think he was a little disappointed. Until....
 he opened it...
 and found out...
 that it was...
 a Brian Head Ski Trip!!!!! He laughed and was so excited , it was funny to watch him! Unfortunately, this picture only captures a small fraction of his excitement! You get the point though! So we packed up or bags and headed out!

 Emma helped us pack by entertaining her sister with my camera on my phone...
 Emma had a quick princess party she had to make an appearance at...
 Then with a little curtsy...
 and party goodies, we were on our way!
 Taylor was the first one to get all her snow clothes on once we got to the condo.
 Emma was next to be ready.
 Chase however, was more interested in crawling on the window seal rather than getting ready!
 He spent a lot of time on there!
 Finally, I persuaded him that getting dressed was a great idea! Can you see the tootsie roll in his mouth I used as bribery?
 Last, it was my turn to get dressed!
 Then the whole crew was ready to hit the slopes and shred some powder!
 When we got back from a long day on the mountain, we were exhausted! I believe Chad mentioned something about the pool and hot tubs and everyone was all of a sudden full of energy and ready to go swim!
 They have a really fun pool there and 2 hot tubs!
 Those goofy girls were playing so sweet with each other and really made the day fun! Whenever Taylor would fall, Emma would say "Tay get up, you can do it! You're totally awesome!" Taylor was really cute and would share ANYTHING she had with Emma, even her so-so blanket!
 Chad went into the Sauna for a bit.
 Then it was time for dinner, so we headed for the condo.
 Oh I forgot to mention that we brought my nephew with us as a sitter for the kids. They just love their cousin Brenden!
 Chase was such a monkey and was climbing all over everything!
 Chad was in 7th heaven here, relaxing after an awesome day!
 Chase was using the remote as a "phone".
 He was saying "Daddy, we go on a corvette ride now? Come see me, ok? Bye-Bye!". It was so cute!
 Chase loves Brenden too!
 The girls were relaxing watching good ole' Spongebob!
 However that only lasted for 15 minutes.
 Then Emma decided Brenden's hair was long enough to braid!
And that it could even be put into a pony tail! Thanks Brenden for being such a good sport!
 Little Taylor took up the whole other couch!
You can tell Chase is saying "cheese" here.
 Emma and Daddy playing cards...
 Chase was mad he didn't get to play!
 Notice the similarities of the facial expressions between this picture of Chad and the last one of Chase! It's almost uncanny how identical they look! Chad was mad at this cashier that was making some kind of a mocha-latte cinnamon frappuccino drink for this guy and she was completely ignoring Chad. He wanted to buy a drink, pink rock souvenirs for the girls, and some movies. If she would have just checked him out first, we wouldn't of had to stand there like this for 10 minutes!
 I got him to smile here though!
 This was my mad face imitating Chad. It was funny to me, but serious to Chad! We packed up all of our stuff at the condo and headed home after this awesome little 3 day trip. Chad and I agreed that we can't wait to do it again (minus the cashier though)!

Emma's Baptism Fireside
We wanted to take pictures of Emma singing at the fireside but she ran up there before we could get any good shots!
 It was a neat fireside where they explained to the kids what happens in detail when you are baptized. Then the were given a tour of the baptismal font. Of course the evening wouldn't be complete without a handout activity book and refreshments! FYI I found it quite interesting that we have 75 seven yr old kids in our stake that will be baptized this year alone! Our ward is so awesome!

Fundraiser night at Red Robin
On Monday, Emma's school had a fundraiser night at Red Robin, so of course we had to attend. Emma was so surprised to see so many of her friends there! She also got the pleasure of meeting Red Robin himself! Chase was more afraid of him than he was of Santa Clause! He was putting his head down on the table and covering his head with his arms to escape him. Chad finally had to pick him up and explain that he was nice and not scary. Chase eventually got over it. We finished our dinner and had to head home so Chad could pack for Mexico.

Chad will be gone hunting in Mexico for a week and we are really going to miss him! I can't believe that this post was only of one week! I guess we really do keep busy! I can't wait to see Chad's pics from Mexico, I will post them next week!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

You guys always have so much fun! Your kids are adorable and Emma looked darling for her Princess Party

Shane and Alissa said...

I love that you have been posting, I feel like I have not seen you in forever and this makes it so I know whats going on with you :) You guys look like you have been having TONS of fun this year! Brian head looked awesome. I just went skiing for the first time there at Brian Head and decided I LOVE it. I mean this most sincerely when I say you look like you are having a great time living life.

Kally said...

Jen & Chad, I seriously don't know how you guys do it! But I gotta tell you I think you BOTH ARE AMAZING!!!! Everything you do for your family is so cute and fun! Love the grandma curls! I hate waiting in the car as well! :)