Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chad's trip to Mexico and last week

Sorry this post is a little long and has a few fragments that should have gone on older posts. Hopefully you can make sense of it all. I just found these pictures on one of my sd cards that I thought I had already uploaded.

Hunting in Mexico/Mermaids/George Strait
Chad went with his Dad and brother, Jon to Mexico for a hunting trip during the first part of February. Each year he goes on a hunting trip with them and they have a blast! Call me crazy, but when I want to go on a trip I go to the beach and get a tan. They shoot hundreds of bullets each day and by the time he gets home his shoulder is completely bruised. When they go, they hunt doves and in Mexico it really helps with the huge infestation of doves there by hunting and eliminating them. Plus, they donate the birds as food to the homeless there so they aren't wasted. These are a few of the pictures he took while he was in Mexico.
 This was what company they did their hunting trip through in case I had to get a hold of him while he was gone
 This is where they went out each morning to go hunt.
 Each person had there own "bird boy" that would gather the fallen birds and would have loaded guns ready once you run out of ammo. This is how many Chad would shoot each day!
 Last year Chad's hunting friend, Larry Jex, passed away so they hung this in the tree in his honor.
 This is one of the many reasons I am grateful to live in America!
 I can't imagine buying my food here!
 While Chad was gone my friend Kally and I got dressed up and went out to dinner and drove around in Chad's Corvette! It was a way fun Girl's Night out!
 Kally was mad I made her get dressed up, but we both needed a fun night!
 The kids were actually really good for me while Chad was gone!
 We decided to meet Chad in Vegas when his plane landed so we went to Johnny Rockets and had lunch while we waited for him.
 Of course we had to have their chocolate milkshakes! We had them in the Bahamas and decided we needed them in Vegas too! They were so yummmmy!
 The kids were screaming when they saw Chad walk up to us and they just took off running to him!
 They latched on and gave him a big hug and didn't want to let go!
 For only being gone a week, he was really missed!
 We decided to stay at the Silverton Hotel because they have "real Mermaids" there!
 Their huge aquarium was just fascinating!
 Oh, we also brought our good friend/babysitter Nicole with us on the trip.
 She has been on a lot of our family trips and she makes it so much easier to enjoy them when she comes with!
 We showed up just in time to watch the diver feed the fish in the aquarium. The stingrays came right to our kids and you could see them so well!
 The kids kept putting their hands up as they would come by them.
 I had a hard time getting them to turn around and smile for me because they were so enthralled with the feeding frenzy!
 Emma wanted a picture of every fish in there, and the kids kept pointing and laughing. It was quite entertaining for everyone!
 It was time for Chad and I to get ready for the George Strait/Reba concert that night so we left after this. Unfortunately, the kids went to the Mermaid show while Chad and I were gone so we don't have pictures of the kids at the Mermaid show. They said it was awesome though.
 This is Leanne Womack and she was the opening act for the concert and she did a great job!
 I couldn't decide if this shot or the one above was better because our seats had a good view of her on stage and her on the screen so I took pictures of both.
 Next, Reba came out. She was very entertaining and energetic!
 Again, here is the stage shot.
 Chad and I at Intermission.
 Gary and Linda were sitting right next to us enjoying the show too!
 Then finally, George came out! He was so relaxing and fun to listen to!
 Chad and I got up and danced where there was some room for a few songs and it was so much fun! People saw us dancing and started to dance too, it was cute!
 Chad and Gary leaving the concert at the end.
 Linda and I walking out to the car.
 When we got home the next day chad had these cool wood sculptures from Mexico that he brought back to the girls.
 Emma got a horse and Taylor got a swordfish!
 They were playing with them that whole day and they really liked them.

On a side note...
 Ha ha this is Chad's Birthday dinner picture that I forgot to post. I took it at Claim Jumper, and while we ate, guests were arriving at our house for Chad's surprise party. I was so nervous that he would figure it out, but he was totally shocked to see so many people at our house.
This is the completed 30 days of birthday wall. It was so fun to do each day and Chad really liked it! He wanted me to do a 365 days of birthday instead! ha ha :D

Camping in February?
 Who would ever want to go camping during the winter while the weather forecast calls for rain? People that just got a camper that are too stubborn to wait until it warms up, like us! Since it sleeps 11, we had our friends Kally and Joel and their 3 kids come as well! This is us filling up with gas before we took off on Friday night. OUCH, gas has gotten expensive!
 Once we found a spot we set up a campfire and roasted hot dogs and giant campfire marshmallows!
 It started to get cold so we went into the camper and watched Megamind. Kally and I went shopping Friday morning before we left and picked up Megamind because it was just released and she hadn't ever seen it! "Holo"...that movie is soooo funny!
 It was such a good movie that since it was raining that next morning, we played an encore of Megamind again!
 Taylor and Julia are so cute! Chad made fun of me for doing all the girls hair. He said that when your camping you shouldn't have to do their hair, but they just look so much more adorable when it's done!
Chad and Joel kicking back and watching the movie.
 Chad and I after breakfast.
 Because it was raining, we decided to pack up and head home to go see Gnomeo and Juliette instead.
 Chad got a new 2011 Duramax and he was in 7th heaven driving in it. He would say "look at what this button does...listen to how tough it sounds...this truck is so cool". He was so funny to listen to him, and I'm glad he's so happy!

Thursday Friend Day
 Emma used to be able to only have friends over on Fridays because she was busy with all her other activities throughout the week. We decided to change it to Thursdays because on Fridays most of her friends were busy with family events. This week we took Bree'L to Jumpin' Jacks and Taylor(aka Cabriotti) brought her buddy Payten too. Chase and I just did our own thing running around following those kids! After we were done jumping we had pizza and headed home! 

Sick Kids :(
If you look carefully you can see which 2 kids are the sick ones. Those poor girls are so sick today! Taylor has a double ear infection and Emma has a cold virus! It makes me feel so bad for them seeing them so uncomfortable! Chase on the other-hand has been such a ham and has been "helping" take care of his sisters! The doctor said they should be better by Friday. We sure hope so!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You guys are troopers to go out camping in the rain. How fun to have a camper though, I really love camping, just not in tents ha ha. Hope your girls start feeling better

Kally said...

Jen you are AWESOME!!! You have been rockin' on blogging! Good Job! This whole post was fun! I wasn't mad I had to get all fancy and dressed up, just out of my "comfort zone", haha, now I want boots and more fun make-up, so you did good! Camping wwas pretty fun and I am glad the kids had fun, I can't wait to go to Panguitch! It is soo nice their! Glad you had fun at your concert, I had no idea Reba came out and sang! She is one of my favorites, I'm so jealous! Hope your kids feel better soon!